Thursday, February 4, 2010

Onward to Haiti

Luke called me this morning to let me know that they have a 15 passenger van packed up, and ready to take them to Haiti! How much of a relief that was to hear since we were not completely sure on how he was going to get from Santa Domingo to Haiti. We had a lot of ideas of how he and the two other missionaries he is with could get to Haiti, but nothing was set up.

So now they are on their way! I was able to talk to Luke last night and he sounded great! He did seem a little tired, but he is definitely still running on adrenalin. This morning he told me that he was able to get a cup of coffee, but it was quite a process considering Luke speaks Creole and English. We both took Spanish in high school, but when we try to use it our brain just turns it into Creole... so I wish that I was there to see my husband order coffee in Spanish! He did say that he got a small cup, which he thinks is espresso, but he will survive because he just needs the caffeine or his head will explode from the headache he receives from being addicted to the stuff :).

Thank you for your prayers! Luke and I cannot stress our thankfulness enough! We have both felt them, and ask that you continue. Luke has a super long day ahead of him and the exhaustion of traveling all day yesterday as well as today will soon catch up to him. Also, pray for safety for the people traveling in the van. We have all seen pictures of Haiti, and Luke and I were able to see pictures on the news of places that we knew, which are now gone due to the earthquake. Luke will soon see Haiti in a way that he hasn't before, and that will take an emotional toll on him. Please pray!

No comments: