Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hard Working Husbands

This morning I took the girls to the park.  It was gorgeous outside, a nice cool breeze, and no one there but us.  All I was missing was an iced coffee from Starbucks.  Grace and Ella were having a blast running around when Grace discovered the small rocks under the tube and started picking them up and talking about them (in her own language of course).  She brought some over to me and put them in my hands picking them up one by one to show me the different sizes and that they felt cold.  Ella was still at the tube and decided she was going to grab handfuls of rocks and pour them in the tube and listen to the cool noises it made.  Grace soon joined her and for about 10 minutes I just sat there watching these two sweet girls talk to each other and laugh at the funny noises that they were making by pouring and rubbing rocks in the tube.  They even stuck their handfuls of rocks through the openings of the tube and discovered the different noise they created.  They are so smart and discovering so many new things.  It is an absolute heart bursting blessing to be able to have these experiences with them and to stay home with my daughter.

This got me thinking about Luke and what we have done for me to be able to stay home.  It would be so much easier (financially) for me to go back to teaching and put Grace is a day care, however, for Luke and I the emotional weight of that would crush us.  If you asked me when I was two what I wanted to be when I grew up I would tell you a mom.  I have always wanted to be a mom first, then decided to tack on the teacher part when I was in first grade.

When Luke and I would talk about children we had a game plan of getting pregnant during his last year of Seminary and then have school done with before we started a family.  Well after some life happenings and natural disasters we realized school was going to take a little longer then expected and that waiting for a family was not something we wanted.  The Lord blessed our decision and gave us our sweet little Grace Vera and not only that a little less then a year later we found out we were expecting another sweet little girl (we do have a name for her, but are keeping it a secret)!

So here we are with Grace and sweet baby girl #2, and an AMAZING hard working husband who works full time at a job that he loves, Attends seminary and works super hard to stay on top of homework and projects, and makes sacrifices daily so I can stay home and be a mommy which is the BEST job that I can think of.  I am so thankful for a godly, selfless, hot looking husband :)


THANK YOU DADDY!!!

No comments: