Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week 1

I made my own laundry detergent last week.  I have heard equal amounts of good things and bad things about this adventure.  Some people say it works and saves them lots of money, others say they have tried and failed.  I decided to take this challenge on, I mean who doesn't love saving money....or failing..... :) 

Ok so anyway last week I boiled, grated, shook, stirred, measured, and mixed some stuff together and viola! Created my very own laundry detergent (Even gave it a name, but I am not quite convinced to share it yet). 

Doing laundry is VERY serious business in this house.  Luke needs to look and smell nice to impress all the potential students at his job, and I think his coworkers would appreciate his nice smell and neatness too.  I stay at home so I can look and smell like whatever.  At the end of the day I am usually wearing some amount of food, snot, heck even poop so I don't really count.  The most important thing about laundry is Grace's.  We use cloth diapers and they have to be washed and cared for a certain way for them to be effective.  I have never used any "special" soap when washing her diapers and we have been using them for over a year and I haven't had to strip them.  They are awesome!  I figured that they would be the ultimate test whether or not the laundry detergent really works or not.  I do laundry every other day and normally do the diapers by themselves.  This week I honestly think they have come out brighter and smell better then when I have used store bought detergent.  Seriously!  I was apprehensive about washing them in the homemade detergent, but glad I went for it.

Week one of my awesome homemade laundry detergent has been a successful one!  Now lets see if it holds up for week two!

Also, I posted on here about a "life overhaul" that Luke and I are embarking on and let me just say that we have been faithful to our plan and strategy and are bursting with thankfulness on how the Lord has provided and helped us through out first half of the month. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I am...me of little faith. 

No comments: