Friday, July 5, 2013

Currently

Currently I am sitting on my couch listening to the monitor connected to my sweet little girl's room where she is having a conversation with her BFF Ella.  They are talking about it getting dark out, saying goodnight to everything in her room (including the bookshelf), pretending to snore, and giggles galore!  It's precious!

I have a sunburn from going to our neighborhood pool twice this week.  I always put sunscreen on the girls, but totally forget about myself until I am driving home and can feel the heat radiating from my skin.  These girls are fish and keep asking to go back. 

There is paint on my arm from finger painting last night, and I even showered this morning!  

My feet and back are just a little sore from carrying Lydia around in the ergo and chasing two giddy girls around the zoo.  They found a gorilla eating a snack and thought to was the greatest thing since the penguin they just saw swimming under the water. 

I have nail polish (blue) on the wrist from the painting party we had after dinner.  Ella wanted blue fingernails and pink toenails (Sorry Kendall, I tried to convince her to choose different colors), and Grace wanted blue fingernails, and sparkly toenails. 

There is popcorn in every crevasse of my couch, and on my floor from our movie night.  It was our first official movie night!  We had a blast laughing and squeezing each other :) 

I cannot even begin to explain how much my heart grows with every moment I get to spend with these girls! Providing them with new experiences, teachable moments, and just being able to have fun with them makes my heart swell!  I pray we get so many more moments like these where I sit down after a long day and tear up over the gratefulness I feel.  Even when it's 10:00pm and Lydia is still awake :) 


No comments: