Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Laundry

Remember this post back in September: Laundry?  Well I am pleased to announce that just two months ago I had to replenish my supplies!  That's right!!  7 months of laundry detergent for about $30!  I add a scoop of Oxi Clean to my loads so I have had to buy that about every other month.  I have lost track of how many loads I have done, but it is a lot! 

I have stuck to the original recipe and the only thing I have changed is I add all the ingredients into one pot after I have melted the soap.  It instantly becomes liquid gel and stays that way!  This is awesome detergent and has been put to the test!  Let me tell you, anyone who has done cloth diapers knows that you just don't mess around with laundry detergents.  Those guys need to be cleaner then clean, and kept up with or else you get a stinky, non- absorbent mess!  I have done countless loads of stinky, messy cloth diapers and they come out clean and smelling fresh!  I have used a few different detergents from organic nuts, to tide and this homemade detergent holds its own. 

So all that to say, I am super excited with a money saving success!  I am in the process of trying out homemade cleaners.  I am please with one that I use on my hardwood floors and tried a new bathroom cleaner tonight.  There is something about making your own cleaner that not only saves money, but you are in control of the chemicals in your house.  Love that! 


No comments: