Sunday, June 14, 2009

God's Work

Luke and I have about three hours until we head to the airport! I cannot believe that we will be in Haiti tomorrow!! We were just asking each other how excited we were to go. Last year I think I was jumping out of my skin with anticipation to see all our amazing friends in Haiti! This year we are looking forward to seeing our friends. Even tonight we have had a couple of phone calls from Haiti telling us that they are excited that we are coming. That is fun to hear :) But, we have a different excitement. As I said we are thrilled to see everyone that we have missed over the year, but I think because we have done this before we have a different sense of excitement. It is not new to us to go and spend the summer in Haiti with our friends and take on the adventures that were in store for us. Although we will face new adventures this year, we also have a new excitement to not only go to Haiti to see friends, but to do the Lord's work! There is something about understanding the culture a little more and going to down to continue building on the relationship previously made that makes my heat over flow with God's love and we are just so undeserving and blessed (at the same time) to be able to have this opportunity!

Wow......we are pumped! Now with only 2 hours and 45 minutes to go before we load up the car and head to the airport, I think I may try to sleep :) Good night all, and thanks again for all your prayers! We have already felt them and we will need them in the weeks to come :)

No comments: