Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rain

I went over to Erik's house this afternoon to bring him a calculator and thought since I was so close I would swing by AFCA and say hello to Vivian. It began raining lightly as I pulled through the gate going into AFCA but I didn't think to much of it and continued up the hill to Vivian's house. After a very brief visit I decided to leave because it was beginning to downpour. I got into the car, put it into reverse and gently let the clutch out - the car went sideways. I knew this was not going to be fun. Fast forward 10 minutes and I had about 6 guys in their skivvies (they didn't want to get their clothes wet) helping push me out of the mud. Finally after we all got drenched and covered in mud, the vehicle was free. I gave them each some money, threw my muddy self into the drivers seat and started heading home. Traffic, as I expected, was a nightmare. I thought I would try taking Rue Faustin because I knew Delmas would be a parking lot because of the rain. When I got up to Faustin though I immediately had to made a u-turn because it had literally turned into a river. I saw one guy trying to make it up but the water was up over the top of his wheels and he was going nowhere. I had no choice, I had to make my way out to Delmas and take the paved roads. So after sitting in traffic forreevveerr I finally made it back to the Chapel. My pants were caked with a layer of mud and my shirt and face were splattered with it. I was completely soaked. I hope the rest of my driving this summer doesn't turn out to be as adventurous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a funny story...but not really, I'm sure it was crazy getting the car out! Thanks for taking the calculator over right away! Love Mom

Anonymous said...

OH NO WHAT A NIGHTMARE!! YES I HOPE THE DRIVING CONDITIONS IMPROVE FOR BOTH OF YOU OUT THERE...LOL! GOOD TO HEAR U MADE IT :0)....LOVE MICHELLE