Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Good Morning

I'm sure Becca will update this pretty soon - in fact she'll probably be doing most of the updating while we're here - but I thought I put something up here this morning before I get busy. We slept great last night and it was nice to wake up to the sound of roosters crowing and dogs barking again this morning. It was also nice to have some fresh mangos and real coffee this morning. Joseph met me at the gate this morning when I came over to the church and tried to scare me by hiding behind it, just like he normally does. He's lost a little weight and has been through quite an ordeal with his wife over the past few months. He told me she was hit by a car in December and while she didn't break anything, she has had a tough time getting back on her feet and is still in a good bit of pain. I imagine the next couple of days will be rough as I catch up with many of the Haitians and listen to some of their struggles from the past year. We come back hoping things will have gotten a little better for them, but so often it is the other way around.
We should have a good day today. I'm going to leave in a few minutes to go see if we can get our old Haiti cell phones working again - if not we'll have to buy new ones. I'm also hoping to connect with Marc and Erick so I can give them some things we brought down that they need to get through this next week of school.
Becca talked to Sherrie this morning and said she sounds tired, but is feeling a little better. We'll connect with her in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Dixie Campbell said...

Oh, thanks soooo much for sending me the info on your blog - it makes it so much more personal. I will pray for you all - I have nothing to complain about.

You are both so wonderful and doing God's Will for your life and so enthusiastic and loving to the Haiti people and the children. It warms my heart and make me pray more for you and your ministry. Thank you again for informing us.