Tuesday, March 16, 2010

4:45

Good morning!!! It is currently 6:00 here in Ft. Lauderdale,FL where I stayed the night last night and continue my adventure today to Haiti. I woke up at 4:45am very excited to see my husband and actually hug him for the first time in almost two months. I am VERY excited! There are military and other relief help that have been in Haiti since the earthquake and have not had the opportunity to talk to their family never mind being able to see their loved ones; for this opportunity I am thankful!

Luke and I were talking last night and he was reminding me again that Haiti is not the Haiti that I remember. I have spent the last couple weeks thinking about this and trying to prepare my heart. Luke has been nonstop since he touched ground there, and I can just imagine the weight of being on the go, and seeing all the sad sights around you. We have close friends in Haiti, that have been greatly affected (like all the Haitians) and I am sure that will be hard to see them in their current situation.

I am hoping to post more when I am in Haiti, and post pictures as well. I do not think I will be as busy as Luke is and that should allow me to post more, but I also need to Internet to cooperate. So keep checking and hopefully I can update soon! Thank you for your prayers and support! I am feeling so much better and ready for this trip!

4 MORE HOURS :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you and are praying for your safe travels. Graeson said she loves and misses you and the tadpoles stink ;)
hugs
the claunch family