Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Haiti

Well, please forgive us the the lack of posting! Being in Haiti last week, I can tell why Luke did not have two seconds to himself never mind sitting down, praying for a strong Internet connection, and posting!

Like I said last week I was able to fly to Haiti (after lots of plane and ticket issues going and coming from Haiti) and see Luke after almost 2 months!! It was amazing to hug him, but the initial embrace was quick and off we were to the chapel. John Edwinson (a man from our home church in NH, he is like our second dad) came with me to build a " lean two" that was needed to keep dirt and stuff out of the water purification system. I have posted recently about this, and John's amazing work.

The week FLEW by and before I knew it Luke was dropping me off at the airport. He will be flying tomorrow from Port-au-Prince to Miami, spending the night, and then Friday returning to Dallas :) I am beyond excited to have him home! Haiti has stolen our hearts, we will return there again, and someday (Lord willing) we will live there. I am so looking forward to having my husband home with me!!

Below are some pictures that I took while in Haiti..I took almost 500 pictures and will try to post as many as I can the next few days. Thank you all for your prayers, and please continue as Luke makes his journey home!



This is JJ...he stole my heart this summer! He was rescued along with several other orphans from a village that was flooded by the hurricanes last year.


Just one of the many "tent cities" that consume Port-au-Prince right now

Everyone is in need of clean water!



disaster everywhere!


I really hope no one was in this car!



To the right of the picture is a small building which was at one point a great friend of ours store (Maxime)...he was in it when the earthquake hit, and only by inches made it out of his store!

I like others have many memories of this building called "one stop"! Everyone in the store made it our alive!







Life goes on in the streets, with ladies selling their daily goods.


This is a pole on the ground and connected to the pole is our transformer for the electricity. Those wires are also used to bring the electricity to the houses....it is not working. The "electric company" came to cut the live wires and just left everything there for a couple days. We did eventually get electricity again :)


John and his crew after completing the "lean two"


Luke....trying to fix everything :)



Almost there...John had this much done in one afternoon!







Karl and Joseph unloading the truck full of food.

Luke and Karl explaining to Maxime how to cook the food.
The packages of food upclose...I believe this is beans.
Unloading the truck of food

This little guy was hanging out...I have never seen a snake in Haiti before, so I thought I would capture the moment :)
Still unloading food...Praise the Lord from whom all Blessings flow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So will it be Saint Becca, or Saint Mrs. Perkins? Bless you. The Domines