Saturday, March 6, 2010

Brief update:

Continued with building inspections and food distributions since the last update. Funding a couple reconstruction/repair projects for a couple of homes that are close to being able to be reoccupied. Tomorrow morning a team of 3 counselors from Dallas will arrive and I'll be coordinating their counseling times for most of this coming week. I'll take them around a bit tomorrow afternoon so they can get a sense of what has happened here and then Monday morning they'll dive in and begin counseling. I have several people scheduled for counseling sessions over the week and I'm hoping it is a benefit to them. I think it will be. We're so thankful to these counselors who are volunteering their time and paying their own way to get here.

Karl, Ann and Bobby are back now and it is VERY good to have them back. Now that they're all back I don't have to be the go-to guy on everything that happens on the campus and I can more effectively do the other things I'm doing. They had a good time of rest in the States and I'm glad for that. The schedule here has been crazy. I've not had a day off since Feb 3 and I'm beginning to feel it. The other missionaries here have been pulling this schedule since Jan 12! Many of the full-time missionaries have taken some time off and gone to the States for a brief rest, those who haven't look completely worn out. I'm worried about them. I know it's tough to get away but in this environment if you don't create some kind of rest you'll not last. So - pray for those who live here all the time.

John Edwinson comes in for a couple of days in a week or so to build a lean-to for us and Becca comes the same day because she's smokin' hot and I miss her. It will be awesome to see both of them.

Looks like I'll be heading back to the Big D on the 26th. Hope it's warm by then.

No comments: