Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall

Texas lacks fall-ness big time! The leaves turn yellow and brown then fall off quickly, the temperatures are all over the place, the pumpkins rot way too fast, and we won't even go into the crazy Halloween market here in Dallas. I think that Halloween stores that hang posters in their windows for the public to see should have a certain rating. I mean who wants to see zombies with their eyes falling out, or Chucky the doll all bloody and gross? Seriously, keep that stuff inside the store.

Anyway, growing up in New Hampshire we have been super spoiled by the beautiful fall season! Waking up to cool crisp air, going outside to be greeted with glorious, vibrant reds, oranges,yellows, purples on the trees like God took a paint brush and painted each on by hand while you were sleeping. The weather is perfect, you can actually appreciate yummy fall foods. I miss New England falls. So what is a girl to do? I walk through the supermarket and Home Depot where they are still using their air conditioners and walk through their fall decorations and pretend it is like home. Not quite the same, but almost. I also burn apple pie candles at home to remind me of fall. I am sad that I used up my last apple cinnamon candle! I wish Yankee candles weren't so darn expensive. We also went to the Dallas Arboretum with our church mom group where they are all decked out in pumpkins! It is really fun! Grace could not get enough of the BIG pumpkins that she could sit on. So cute!



No comments: