Monday, October 1, 2012

Mama

It is no shocker that Grace's first word was "dada".  She is such a daddy's girl and I love that.  It makes my heart swell to watch them play and interact together.  Shortly after she started saying "dada" she did say "mamamama", but I wasn't convinced it was in reference to me.  She has been saying "dada" ever since she learned to say it, but "mama" quickly went away.  I didn't think much of it since I was always with her and daddy wasn't, so obviously she would learn to call out his name to get his attention or wonder where he was.

It wasn't until the last week that Grace started needing me and my attention and just not sure how to call out to me.  Luke and I have been working on calling me "mama", but again I am always around so why call out when you can just walk up to me.  She is becoming so much more independent and wanting to play on her own.   I love watching her explore and learn and now call out "mama" when she needs something.  The last couple days she will just look at me and say "mama hi"!  I LOVE IT! 

Yesterday at church we kept her with us to worship with the church during the first set of songs.  Luke was holding her and she glanced over at me, smiled, said "hi mama", and leaned over to hug me.  Then she sat back up in Luke's arms and continued to worship!  Melted my heart.  There is nothing as sweet as that! 

So now Grace knows that I am "mama" not just that crazy lady that entertains her :)  I love being a mommy!



No comments: