Wednesday, July 15, 2009

In His Time

In His time, in His time. He makes all things beautiful, in His time.
Lord, please show me every day, As You are teaching me Your way,
That You do just what You say, In Your time.
In Your time, in Your time, You make all things beautiful, in Your time.
Lord, my life to You I bring, May each song I have to sing
Be to You a lovely thing, In Your time.


Ecclesiastes 3:11 says that God makes everything beautiful in His time. This song and verse have been in my heart in mind for a few days now. I went to visit a missionary here who runs an infant rescue program. She is a wonderful lady with a heart for the Lord. She gets infants from around the country who are severely malnourished and some have actually died from starvation. The pictures that she had shown me are horrific! The only meat on these babies when she gets them is the skin covering their visible bones. She has a couple babies still way under weight and far from where they should be, but they are growing and eating everyday! This one afternoon I was with her and she was explaining to me each child's situation. She has a playroom where all the toddlers are, and we were playing with the children as she began to explain to me that a couple weeks ago she lost a toddler due to AIDS. This sparked a conversation due to one of the little guys having something on his eye (we thought was blood). It wasn't, but she began to explain to me that he had AIDS, so we needed to take the necessary precautions when dealing with him. She then went on to pick out another little boy who also has AIDS. I asked her why the little girl who had just recently passed away die. She was too little, and her body could not fight any more; AIDS killed her. I instantly wanted to cry! How horrible is it for a baby who did not make a choice to have AIDS have to deal with it until it kills him! Then I got angry...I just could not comprehend this situation. After playing with them I went home and prayed. I actually argued with God about the situation because I did not understand it! How could He, the God who says He loves us allow something so small, and fragile, and innocent have such a horrible disease? I did not receive an answer to that one, but I was calming down and thanked Him for the opportunity to meet two amazing little blessings!

Now I would be lying to you if I said everything was fine after that....it wasn't. I still wrestled about that situation for a couple days. Sunday in church we sang the hymn "In His Time"....that song really spoke to me, but I was not so sure why. Well I now know why! Before I explain that, let me tell you about what I did yesterday:

I was at different missionaries place (Beth McHoul). We were to do a child development class, and check on some babies. I was so excited because I would have endless babies to hold, and teach moms how to play and love their children! When I got their this morning there was a mom already waiting outside. Her little boys name was Jean Paul. He was so cute and nine months old. He was the size of a 4 month old, but super cute nonetheless! Two weeks ago he was said to have been on his death bed and only by a miracle alive today. He was starving and mom had no interest in him at all. Three American doctors swarmed Jean Paul, prayed and got some fluids in him, and now (besides being really underweight) you would not be able to tell! And as for the mom....she is an amazing mom! Beth said it is like a whole new person! She plays and kisses, and breastfeeds! Praise the Lord :) Beth loves it when other people pay attention to the their babies because it shows the mom's how to interact with their babies, but also bring attention to their babies and allows them to see how awesome they are! It was a neat experience!
Jean Paul
He is a happy little boy!
Checking the stats, he seems to have a cold and scabies
Mom had to learn to give him medicine so she could do it at home, and I had to rub some medicine on him.
He did so great! I think he like the touch :)
Putting on a clean diaper and showing mom how to play while changing him
He can't sit on his own yet, but he was eager to stand and take steps :)
LOOK WE ARE BALANCING :)
After that a mom who was in labor last Thursday came back to Beth to show her, her beautiful baby girl! The mom started labor at Beth's with the hope of delivering their, but her blood pressure was really high, and they had no choice but to send her to the hospital. She successfully birthed a baby girl who is PERFECT! The mom and dad were both at Beth's showing her off! That is not seen a lot here, and it was so great to see!
Beth checking the new mom's blood pressure
Taking measurements for the file! Everything looks great!
Here she is :)
After the child development class we were organizing the files in the office when another mom came in.... she was a young mom who has a baby girl named Daniella. Daniella is one month old tomorrow and weighs 5 pounds 11 ounces! She has lost weight since birth and the only thing she has had in her system for the last week or so is water! Her mom stopped producing milk, and she just did not seem interested in her baby. Beth and others that were with us instantly started the mom on a breast pump to stimulate her milk (with the hope that she will start to produce again). This is the only hope for Daniella! While they were going through that another lady and I took Daniella and hid in another room to try to get her to eat some formula. We had to feed her through a syringe and had to help her swallow. I have never seen anything like this before and again I was heart broken. I could not believe it! After we got about an ounce and a half in her she instantly feel asleep. She slept on me for about 20 minutes, and then she started to suck on her had, so we tried a little more....she then threw up everything that was in her stomach! It was so sad and all we could do was cry. We all had tears for we were told that it does not look good for her. Beth came and said all we can do is pray! We laid hands on Daniella and prayed to God! After we said Amen, we decided to try again. We got an ounce in her, and she did so much better!!! She had no problems swallowing, and kept it down! After I went to change her diaper and she pooped!!! Just a little but it was healthy looking, and Daniella was starting to actually move her arms and legs! It was awesome. Beth told the mom that she needed to return tomorrow so we could help her and if she doesn't then her baby would die because the baby needs more then water. The mom understood and even showed up today! She was smiling and seemed to be more into Daniella PRAISE THE LORD!!!
Daniella
Trying to feed her
Burping Daniella without squishing her!
Giving lots of kisses and physical touch
Exhausted from a full belly
So back to Ecclesiastes 3:11....God has everything planned out! Not everything so that we understand, but He knows and nothing surprises Him. He makes all things beautiful in His time! I do not know how anyone can see these things and still deny God. Even in the heart ache and deaths.....they are still beautiful in His time!

Teaching child development!

Moms and babies

UPDATE:

This morning about 8am Daniella and her mom came to the clinic. When she came the side of Daniella's face was swollen and mom said that Daniella's dad hit her! I guess he beats the mom and last night his Daniella! Then Beth asked her where all the formula went that we had given to her...she said Daniella drank it all (not likely). Beth said that Daniella looked like she was dead when she got to the clinic....Beth was not hopeful when she picked her up, but Praise the Lord she wasn't. They most likely sold the formula. Now mom and Daniella are at the boy's home for now where Daniella is receiving formula from a bottle which she is taking wonderfully! She is also drinking pedialite to get her hydrated. So far she looks awesome, and mom seems happier too! Please continue to pray for them and what to do next! I will be spending the day at the boy's home tomorrow so I will be able to be with Daniella all day :)






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here in tears of joy that my daughter has grown up to me such a wonderful careing loving person. You are really a gift from God. I love you and keep the stories coming. Love and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this amazing journey. The pictures are incredible. My heart breaks for the children, and I'm so glad you are being God's hands there. Love you, Mom

bcschjenk said...

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I am humbled by your ministry. I am privileged to pray for you and Luke.

Anonymous said...

wow becca what a powerful event! please continue to keep us updated! you and Luke are doing a great job! Also good for you for holding it together those days! what an extremely difficult thing to see nevermind go though first hand!! love michelle