Thursday, July 30, 2009

My last week

As I write this I am trying to figure out what happened to June and July! Seriously, it seems like we were just purchasing our tickets and making plans to come down, and here I am packing and getting ready to return to the states tomorrow! Where did the time go?!?!?!?! I am honestly ready to get back home and into the swing of things. Haiti is awesome, hard, happy, emotional, healing, and painful. What a trip this summer serving God and His people. As I am returning to the States Luke is staying here for two more weeks to wrap things up and prepare the church for their new pastor. He will also have the opportunity to preach at two Haitian churches! One of those is the church that we would attended when we came down on short term missions trips, so for him to preach there ten years later is pretty neat! I wish I could be here to see that, but like in Texas, and my classroom calls.

This week has been full! I taught my last summer school classes and topped off my last day yesterday with a coke and chocolate chip cookie party! It was so much fun! There was also a team at Sherry's that consisted of 20 people! I am not so sure we would have done much work even if I planned anything :). Tuesday after teaching I rushed over to Beth's to help out with her child development class and baby clinic. I was so blessed to be able to see Danilla and Jean Paul again before I left :) We have not see Emmanuella yet, but planning on stopping by today.



Tasting the ingredients :)



Showing them what the cookies look like before we bake them!

Jean Paul and I
Mommy and Jean Paul

Mommy feeding Daniella! She is a great mom!



Yesterday Luke and I took five boys from a missionary who runs a boy's home to go swimming! We did this last year as well, and when they saw us at the beginning of the summer one of their first questions was "when are we going swimming?"..... :) We had a blast! Their smiles brighten up the world, and there were LOTS of smiles!









SMILE IF YOU LOVE SWIMMING :)













So that is about all the news from me. The chapel is going well for Luke. He is super busy all the time with pretty much everything you can think of! The wall is coming along slowly, but at least it is able to be worked on. We just received word from the Mayor that the other wall on another street needs to be moved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!! This has been such a crazy experience! Poor Luke and the Chapel....the Mayor did not mark the wall yet, so we are not too sure what needs to be done, but that is probably another $20,000 just for that wall! That would bring the total up to about $50,000 (that is not exact, I am just estimating)!!!!!! That is $50,000 that the chapel does not have! Please pray that God will send the money and this whole wall situation will go smoothly! The congregation has donated some bricks for the wall, and is getting together on Saturday to knock down the old wall. So it seems that they are trying to help as much as they can.

Thanks so much for all your prayers and support! We could not do any of this without you!

No comments: